Accomplishing a whiter, brighter smile can be overwhelming and confusing at times, but we are happy to make it easier and more understandable! With these seven teeth-whitening tips, you will achieve the smile of your dreams in no time:
1. Use DIY (do-it-yourself) whitening systems: Yes, you can brighten your smile in the comfort of your own home. Isn’t that great? As you browse the oral hygiene isle at the store, there are many products that can help you do so, like whitening gel, whitening toothpaste, whitening kits, and whitening strips.
2. Take advantage of home whitening remedies: Many people believe brushing your teeth with baking soda whitens your smile. You are more than welcome to try it out! You can also help your smile by eating healthy foods, such as apples, pears, celery, and carrots.
3. Whiten your smile with dental work: We have many options at Philippe Athuil, DDS that can finally give you the smile you are searching for. If you are interested in quickly and successfully improving the appearance of your smile, you can talk to your dentist about dental veneers, dental crowns, dental bonding, and professional teeth whitening treatments.
4. Avoid drinking certain drinks: There are many drinks in the world today that stain and darken your teeth as you consume them. Some of those drinks include coffee, soda, red wine, and tea. If you must drink these products, it’s best that you do so through a straw.
5. Stop smoking: Smoking habits continually darken teeth each day, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. The only way to prevent the darkening results of this habit is by quitting. If you need advice about kicking the habit, your dentist is happy to help you.
6. Have proper oral hygiene: Your oral hygiene routine will help you attain and maintain a beautiful, bright smile. So, do your best to brush your teeth twice a day, floss your smile once a day, and rinse your mouth daily.
7. Attend your six month checkups: Your six month checkups are vital if you wish to have a brilliant and healthy smile. At your appointment, your dentist or hygienist will deeply clean, polish, and nourish your smile, giving you the best chance at having a healthy, successful, and attractive oral cavity.
If you have any questions or if you would like to learn more, we invite you to call our office today and talk to a member of our team. We are more than happy to help you in any way we can!