Did you know, you can conquer your halitosis? Yes, it’s true! You don’t have to live with embarrassing bad breath forever. In fact, halitosis, also known as persistent bad breath, can be treated. In most cases, halitosis is a warning sign of something that is amiss and needs attention.
Our doctor, Dr. Philippe Athuil, is happy to give you an oral health exam and help you find out the reason for your halitosis. Furthermore, our team at Philippe Athuil, DDS in Beverly Hills, California, is eager to share with you facts on how to treat halitosis.
Here is a list of ways you can conquer your halitosis:
– Dental check-ups: If you visit your dentist semi-annually, your dentist can review your oral health and help you fight any problems that might arise.
– Brushing and flossing habits: Brushing and flossing thoroughly will lessen the plaque buildup and wash away bacteria causing halitosis.
– Tongue brush: Your tongue is thick and bumpy making it easy for smelly bacteria to hide, which is why a tongue-scraper works to clear away extra bacteria there.
– Mouthwash: Mouthwash is well-known to kill bacteria and neutralize the acids that could trigger bad breath.
– Abandon tobacco: Tobacco causes halitosis and is also enormously unhealthy, making it essential to quit tobacco use of any kind.
– Sugarless gum: Sugar-free gum promotes saliva production that helps keep your breath fresh and clear from bacteria.
If you continue suffering from halitosis, or need any more questions, please call us today at 310-286-2241 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to assist you with any of your halitosis troubles or questions about your oral health.