Did you know that there are things you can do to keep your toothbrush from harboring harmful bacteria, germs, and infections? If not, you do now! There are many things you can do each day that will help keep your toothbrush in tip-top shape, and those things are:
· Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after you brush and floss your teeth. Doing so will help keep the germs away.
· When you are done brushing, rinse the brush with warm water and place it upright in its storage place. Make sure it is completely dry before you put a cover over it. A moist environment will encourage bacteria to grow.
· When you use your toothbrush, make sure it’s completely dry. If this is a tough task, purchase two toothbrushes and switch between them so they can take turns drying.
· Please do not share a toothbrush with anyone and do your best to keep your brush from touching another brush’s bristles while it’s being stored. If they touch, bacteria can easily spread.
· Always replace your toothbrush with a new one after you have been sick. The cold, flu, and other infections can still be on your toothbrush.
· Another thing to avoid while being sick is sharing a tube of toothpaste with your friends or family members. Sharing toothpaste can spread germs and can make your loved ones sick as well.
For more information about toothbrush care in Beverly Hills, California, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Philippe Athuil, please call Philippe Athuil, DDS today. All you need to do is dial 310-286-2241 and we will be more than happy to help you!