During all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, have you remembered to continue brushing twice daily and flossing once daily? If not, your teeth could be at greater risk for damage than many other times of the year. Because we tend to overindulge in sweets and treats this time of year, we must take extra care to protect our teeth and gums. Here are some simple steps for excellent oral health care during the holidays:
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Eat healthy.
– Visit your dentist at Philippe Athuil, DDS for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Philippe Athuil, DDS is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Philippe Athuil, call us at 310-286-2241, or drop by our office in Beverly Hills, California. Enjoy your holiday season with a smile!